So, you're excited that it's your babies first Christmas, but really... What do you get a 3 month old baby?
Heck, what do you get a toddler?
Here are some practical gifts that you can put in your little one's stocking and not feel like you're throwing money out the window:
(Below each item, I will post my favorite)
For your Baby:
Teethers
Braxton especially loved this teether, obviously because the tiny bristles felt good on his gums. I liked it because it comes in a carrying case and you don't have to worry about disgusting germs when your baby decides to hurl it across the room and then scream for it three seconds later. You can clean it and store it and I love it. You can find these teethers at Wal*Mart.
Feeding Spoons
Honestly, I don't think that your child is going to be picky about which spoon you buy for him. In this case, it is all about parental preference. I seem to like these spoons because they are transitional. We were able to use them while Braxton was a baby and we are able to use them, still, while he is becoming a little man. On a side note, we did buy some of the Gerber spoons that have the metal handle and the rubber tip. I liked those as well.
Bibs *cough, BibdanasByBraxx*
What is the purpose of a bib? Bibs are not only useful when you are first feeding your baby, they will be awesome when they start feeding themselves. Also, bibs save tonsssss of clothing when you have a drool monster with lots of teeth coming in. Obviously, my favorite bibs are my own. They're way more stylish than a bib and serve the same purpose.
Baby books
I like the books that interact with babies. I think books are important in child development and I think that starting them off young is the best way to dive into reading. Like I've said in my last blog post, when you make something fun for your child, it makes a lasting impression on them.
Baby treats and snack
These little puffs were Braxton's favorite! They dissolve fast so you don't have to worry about your little one choking and they smell and taste divine!
Socks
Personally, I like Old Navy's socks for my little man. I like that they have grips on the bottom and I like that they aren't boring ol' Hanes socks. OH! AND I approve of their thickness. What's the purpose of a sock? To keep your feet warm. We live in NY/PA where the weather is known to get crappy... Warm socks are a must.
Baby Bottle Buddy
Why? Because it's stinkin' cute, that's why! You put the bottle through the buddy's belly and BAM your baby loves it. These bottle buddies are easy for your little one to hold when they're just learning how to grab things. Later, when your baby still loves their bottle buddy, the ears are teethers! Two birds with one stone. Genius.
Fun Binkies (if you're using one)
I did not use binkies with Braxton, simply because he didn't really take to one. BUT, if he did I would definitely be the awesome mom to provide him with fun binkies.
For your Toddlers:
Finger Puppets
Finger puppets are fun. Your toddler is now at the point in his life where everything fascinates him. When you are hiding behind the island and there is a puppet talking to him while he is sitting in his high chair, I can assure you there is laughter. I mean, don't go crazy and buy scary monsters... Get the finger puppets that you can have fun with and also teach him with. If you get animal finger puppets, you can eventually teach your toddler which animal is which.
Baby Phone
Every child is fascinated with your phone, right? Why? Because it's 2013 and we're always nose deep into it ourselves. This baby phone actually looks like ours! Not only does it appear to be the same, there are fake apps on it that are just like ours! Like what you ask? Angry Birds. Mickey Mouse. You name it, it's there.
Bath time water flutes
Bath time isn't meant to be a chore. Let your baby enjoy the time he has in the tub! When you fill these bad boys up, they play a different tune. Your baby will enjoy making music on their own!
Crayons
Alphabet Magnets
Hair Accessories
Potty Watch
Let your child feel totally "adult" by wearing one of these. Not only do they feel cool, you'll feel cool by teaching them to use the potty. Set the timer for thirty minutes. Every time it goes off, you and your little one both know that it's time to stop what you're doing and go try to use the potty. Can you say AWESOME.
Silly Putty/Playdough
Stick-on Earrings
Mini Dinosaur toys
Hot Wheels Cars
Food Face Plates
Okay, this does encourage your child to play with their food, but what if your child is one of the difficult ones and they don't "like" to eat... PERFECT. Have your kiddo slowly eat the hair, or build a mustache... I dunno. They're cute and funny! You don't have to be so serious all the time.
Stickers
Reusable Snack Bags
See, all of these things are perfect for stockings and they're not too expensive. I know that some parents are hard on money and cannot afford all of these items, but take these creative things and go to the dollar store with them! You can find a lot of cheap things that will fit in your little one's stocking and it won't break your bank. You might know that it's from the dollar store, but your baby won't!
Happy stocking stuffing!!!!
.jpg)













.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
if it's not a love letter, it better be a joke! ;)