Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Letter to Moms Who Have Sons:

Tell me, Moms, what do you expect from your son as he grows older?



Those of you who answered this question before reading the entirety of this post probably came up with a generic response:

-I want him to be successful.
-I want him to do well in school.
-I want him to strive.
-I want him to be respectful.
-I want him to be happy.

While these statements seem to be fine and well-construed, don't you think that there is a lot more you could/should expect from your son that you're not expelling. After all, our offspring inherits the world we live in once we are gone.

Here is what I think:
I think that one of the biggest things a mom can do for their son is to stop teaching them how to be a good boyfriend. (Not the first thing you think of, is it)? 

In case your reading skills are a little rusty, I'll repeat my main point: Stop raising your son to be a good boyfriend.

Don't get it twisted, I'm not talking about the pointers that you give your son to be a successful boyfriend... I'm talking about the "good" part. Teach him to be the best boyfriend. At this point it might seem a little contradictory, but what is the rush anyhow? Why does everyone pressure their kids to "have a crush on someone" or to "have a boyfriend/girlfriend" at such a young age. We're all guilty. The moment your son is puckering his lips and getting ready to drool all over the cute little girl next to him is the same moment that you're grabbing your camera.

A relationship isn't something that you need to rush into. A relationship is a marathon, not a sprint!



(Kinda an old photo... OOOOH well. RED HAIR DONT CARE).



I remember celebrating "month-anniversaries" with my previous boyfriends. What the heck is that?! Seriously. Why did I ever think that, that was cute? It was stupid and it will always remain stupid. You can't worship a man because he has given you a solid six months. That man will walk all over you like the rug in front of the toilet, piss-dribbles and all. Ladies, remember that you are entitled to the evaluation of anything in your life. If you want to assess your man every three months, so be it! After each and every evaluation, you need to make an honest decision. Promote, demote, or terminate. Why do women suffer with what they have when there are so many accessible options waiting for them? Basically, don't give a man a promotion when you know damn-well that he should be fired.

Praise your man on your honeymoon. Until then, he is just auditioning.

That is what a mom should teach her son. Teach him that if he doesn't treat his woman right, someone else can and will.
I mean, don't be nasty about it... But don't allow him to grow and be short-sighted!

Where has the time gone? Men used to praise women in a way that put them on the pedestal. Today, men think that women are only useful for sandwiches and lonely nights. ...Oh how wrong those blockheads are.

Every girl has their best friend, boyfriend, and true love. Only some ladies are lucky enough to find one person that qualifies as all three.







No comments:

Post a Comment

if it's not a love letter, it better be a joke! ;)